Many small businesses cannot afford a large IT team. So, hiring an IT vendor to keep an eye on systems remotely is the best option. When a problem hits, remote monitoring and management solves it and keeps your IT systems healthy and secure!!
What is RMM – Remote Monitoring and Management?
It is a category of software used by Managed Service Providers (MSPs) for providing IT support to their clients at different locations. RMM software gathers information from remote computers and networks. This information is: 1) – to assess the systems’ health and 2) – to perform IT management tasks on endpoints remotely.
Why is RMM essential for a small and medium-sized business today?
- RMM software creates automated workflows to deal with alerts about potential issues. They provide real-time monitoring of endpoints and network activities 24/7.
- Technicians can connect to the IT systems for troubleshooting and problem fixing remotely without interrupting the end-user. Using RMM software, they can deploy the application programs and manage updates behind the scene.
- RMM allows automating a wide range of IT tasks; it also maintains backup and security solutions.
How to select good Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) software?
1. Remote access:
The vendor should provide remote access via integrations with third-party tools such as TeamViewer for their faster and reliable IT support.
2. Patch management:
Another required feature of a good RMM software vendor is its ability to automate patching for the operating system and application programs on off hours to avoid end-user disruption.
It should have the ability to generate reports about asset inventory, network performance, etc.
4. Monitoring and alerting:
A good RMM provides behind the scene monitoring of your computers, networks, cloud websites, and application servers. It has an easy setup alerting system too.
5. Customer support:
Your RMM vendor must have excellent customer support in terms of responsiveness and knowledge. So, they will respond to your IT problems quickly.
Five advantages of Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM):
- A healthy system means a healthy business; RMM keeps your IT system healthy by providing regular maintenance.
- Real-time monitoring stops all the security threats in their tracks. It keeps your business-sensitive secure.
- RMM allows your staff to focus on business tasks rather than IT issues. It improves your business productivity.
- Hiring an IT vendor saves your investment in hardware, software, and IT staff. It reduces the Total Cost of Ownership. It gives you a sense that you have a professional IT staff working for you on your systems at predictable monthly rates.
- Technicians identify and resolve many potential issues using RMM software. It reduces the business downtime allowing employees to perform their routine tasks efficiently.
Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) protects your brand reputation!!
If the system goes down, employees lose access to software and emails necessary for office tasks. Downtime causes a financial loss as you pay your workers for no productivity. Your customers may lose trust in the services you provide. Meanwhile, RMM keeps your system running and secures your high-value data. It prevents you from losing your customers and damaging your brand reputation.
Like any infrastructure, IT systems also break down over time. Usually, small businesses operate on a limited budget. System failure can threaten the financial stability of a small business itself. Remote monitoring and management services protect your systems from severe breakdowns.